IMPORTANT LINKS FOR TITLE I
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF TITLE I?
The goal of Title I is to improve student achievement through:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Family Involvement
WHAT IS PARENT INVOLVEMENT?
Parent involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities.
“Research from the University of New Hampshire shows that students do much better in school when their parents are actively involved in their education.” – Science Daily (May 28,2008)
HOW CAN YOU BE AN INVOLVED PARENT?
- Attend the annual parent meeting, open house, orientation and other programs at Medulla.
- Get to know your child’s teacher. Attend at least one parent-teacher conference during the school year.
- Read the school/parent compact carefully. The compact outlines expectations for the school, parent, student.
- Make suggestions and complete surveys to help us improve
- Participate in your child’s education by supporting their learning at home
A parent involvement plan gives parents information about what parent involvement is, the value of a parent being involved in their child’s education, what will be offered during the school year to help parents have the tools and resources necessary to help their child at home, and what the school is constantly doing in order to have more parents involved.
TITLE I DOCUMENTS
- 15-16 DISTRICT PIP ENGLISH
- 15-16 SPANISH DISTRICT PIP
- 2015-16 COMPACT (English Template)
- 2015-16 COMPACT Spanish Medulla EL
- 2015-2016 District Plan with Assurances
- 2015-2016 Parent Workshop and Event Calendar with dates
- Medulla Parent Involvement Plan
- Pg 1 ENGLISH 15-16 Brochure Summary
- Pg 2 ENGLISH 15-16 Brochure_Summary
- Right to Know Letter Right to Know Spanish
- SIP 10.2015 SPANISH 15-16 Medulla Summary Pg 1
- SPANISH 15-16 Medulla Summary Pg 2